How Do I Pay for College?
Employeer Sponsored Tuition Assistance
Many employees benefit from tuition assistance programs that are offered by their employers. Begin with your HR department.
Some questions you might ask are:
- How much will the company pay towards your tuition?
- Which costs will your company cover (tuition only, books, labs, fees, etc.)?
- Will your grades affect your reimbursement amount?
- When will the company pay (at the beginning of the semester, once grades are received, etc)?
- How long must you be employed to be eligible?
- Is there an employment obligation after the education is received?
- Can I access my class during work time?
Find out more about the various NACTEL employer partners' tuition programs.
Student Financial Aid is another way to pay for your education, including tuition, fees, books, and supplies. It is managed by colleges and Universities through their Student Services. Financial aid can include:
- Loans, both from the federal government and from private lenders
- Don’t forget any Military Benefits you may have earned like the G.I. Bill
After you’ve identified the schools or colleges you’re interested in, ask about Financial Aid options.