BS degree - Telecommunications
The B.S. in Telecom prepares students for many intermediate and advanced positions in the telecommunications industry. Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will receive an Accelerated Bachelors of Science degree in Professional Technology Studies with a concentration in Telecommunications from Pace University. This degree program builds on the A.S. degree in Telecom, Networking Technologies, Wireless Networking, Video Technologies, or Mobile Technology.
What will I learn?
Students gain a thorough understanding of both the technical and operational aspects of the industry, and emerge prepared for success in a wide range of telecom careers. The B.S. in Telecommunications provides:
- A solid understanding of emerging telecommunications technologies, including Fiber Optics, Broadband, Voice Over IP and Wireless
- A strong base in the fundamental industry concepts and practices
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills using computer technology
- A keen awareness of telecom industry management and operations
- Teamwork, communications and career development skills and best practices
This program is designed as a Bachelor's completion program intended to build upon an Associate's degree like one of Pace University's A.S. degree programs in Telecom, Networking Technologies, Wireless Networking, Video Technologies, or Mobile Technology.
View the degree details at Pace University.
|Core Courses||16 credits|
|Elective Courses||16 credits|
|Capstone Courses||4 credits|
|General Education Electives||20 credits|