AS degree - Cyber Security Technology
Pace University’s School of Computer Science and Information Systems offers an Associate in Applied Science in Cyber Security Technology. This degree builds upon a liberal arts core with major courses developed to focus on Cyber Security. The field of information technology and telecommunications is constantly changing. The cyber security initiative within the telecommunications companies is bringing security technologies to businesses and homes now. This initiative has created new opportunities for technicians in the field of cyber security.
What will I learn?
Students gain a thorough understanding of both the technical and operational aspects of the industry, and emerge prepared for success in a wide range of telecom careers. The AS in Cyber Security Technology will include:
- A foundation of security topics such as types of attacks, hacker techniques, legal and privacy issues, security policy, information security best practices
- A solid understanding of emerging telecommunications technologies, including Fiber Optics, Broadband, Voice Over IP and Wireless
- A strong base in the fundamental industry concepts and practices
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Teamwork, communications and career development skills and best practices
View the degree details at Pace University.
|Technical Math I||4 credits|
|Computer Applications||4 credits|
|Global Telecom Essentials||4 credits|
|Signal Transmission for Telecommunications||4 credits|
|Introduction to Programming Using Python (NEW outline included in Appendix A)||3 credits|
|Introduction to Computer System Hardware||4 credits|
|Global Networking Technology||4 credits|
|Computer Security Overview||4 credits|
|Overview of Internet & Network Security||3 credits|
|Overview of Computer Forensics||3 credits|
|Business and Technical Communications for Telecommunications||4 credits|